Monday, April 6, 2009

All part of being a mom

It has been a few days since I blogged. I apoligize; I have been rather tired lately.

Today has been one of those mornings.

First Matthias woke up a little congested. Well he started coughing so hard that he threw up. Thankfully, it was on a blanket, so all I had to do was toss the blanket and his pjs into the wash.
Well, a little while later I stepped on a piece of glass in the kitchen. Calvin broke a glass a few days ago and we thought we had gotten it all cleaned up, but obviously we missed a shard. So I cut my toe pretty good and had to clean blood off the floor.

I also realized that I need to start planning Matthias' birthday party. His birthday is on May 2 and that is going to be here before I know it. And with Easter coming up, I need to give out the invitations at mom's group tomorrow because otherwise I won't see those families for almost two weeks.

Ezra was doing a lot better at not spitting up until Saturday night. Saturday night and Sunday all day were awful. Everything seemed to be coming up. Not fun. Ezra went through about four outfits himself and I think I had to change two or three times. This morning seemed a little better, so hopefully it was a fluke. Tomorrow he goes in for another weight check and his 4-month shots. He is growing though. At least height wise if not weight wise. He is stretching out of his 3-6 month clothes and so I need to start buying some 6-9 month clothes for him. Matthias' 6-9 month clothes are all fall/winter clothes, so they will be fine until the weather warms up, but then Ezra will need some summer clothes. I was at Kohl's this past weekend and they were out of all the 6-9 month size in the outfits I liked. So I'll have to go look at the Racine Kohl's or Carter's I guess.

This past Thursday night, I attended an open house for the Graduate School at Marquette University. That is where I would like to attend to get my MSN in Nurse Midwifery. It was very informative. I'm a little nervous about getting in though. They only accept 48 students out of approximatley 130 into the direct entry program. Right now though I need to focus on picking a school to finish my prerequesites at. I need to take Human Anatomy and Physiology. I know of a few schools, so now I just need to decide on which one works the best for my schedule, is the most affordable, and has room for fall enrollment.

Well, I guess that's what's new in our lives. I'll try to update tomorrow on how Ezra's appointment goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment