Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Being a good mom vs. being a good student

It seems to be a battle that I have to face every day.  Some days I feel like I am balancing things pretty well, but there are other days where I feel like I can't win no matter what I do. I feel guilty if I can't spend time with the boys because I have homework. I feel guilty if I don't have time to study as hard as I want to or have to put off some reading. I am a bit of a perfectionist, so I have a hard time if I feel like I can't do my work to the best of my ability.

This week was really hard.  Today I had a big test.  I wanted to do well and had planned on studying all day yesterday. Monday, our daycare provider called me and told me that the other kids she watches had strep throat, influenza, and pneumonia and were definitely sick last Thursday and Friday.  Monday night my boys started coughing. Daycare provider was concerned about strep throat, so she wanted the boys seen by a doctor. So I had to take three hours off from studying to take the boys to the doctor.

Strep test was negative. Boys sent back to daycare.  We were told that they would probably get worse before they got better, but should call if they got a lot worse. Well by the time I put the boys to bed, their coughs were a lot worse and they started running fevers. Ezra's got over 103.  So I had to call the doctor back and she wanted to see the boys again this morning for a influenza test.  And of course they were coughing so bad, I brought both of them in bed with me, so I could listen to them breathe.  And then I hard to rush this morning to get the boys in to the doctor  and then back to daycare before I had to leave for school.

Influenza test negative.  So back to waiting to see how they do. The doctor is concerned that they might develop pneumonia, so we need to watch them and monitor their fevers.  I have to call the doctor again in the morning.

So after I dropped off the boys, I had to rush to school, take a test and then sit through two others classes.  So needless to say, I am exhausted and ready for spring break!

No comments:

Post a Comment