Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I'm still here

I'm here! I promise! I am just very busy. School started June 1 and it has been a whirlwind of classes and homework and trying to find time to spend with my boys.  Classes are going well, but very busy. This first session is especially hard, because we have to fit six weeks worth of class (which is already a lot) into five weeks. I am taking Nursing Assessment and Health & Nutrition. Health & Nutrition is a breeze (the exam class average is a high A), but Nursing Assessment makes worries me a bit. It is very interesting and I love the prof, but doing an assessment is really involved! Taking blood pressure makes me nervous. I had to do my check-off today and my partner took my blood pressure first. My blood pressure is normally about 105/65 or so. During check-offs it was 122/82! But I passed my check-off. So now I just have to get ready for the mastery assessment. That is a head to toe assessment that involves all the body systems. It is a lot to remember!

Well, it's been a long day (It's now quarter to 11 and I've been up since six this morning and was in class from 8:30 to 5:30, took a test, and had a meeting at church.) so I'm going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment