Monday, December 14, 2009

Houdini has nothing on this kid!

Matthias can get through childproofing quicker than most adults. We have some pretty cool gates that we have had to teach adults how to open, but Matthias just opens them with ease. And boy is he quiet! Today, while he was supposed to be napping (and I was napping) he sneaked out the gate and into the basement and started playing. He even made it back to his room before I woke up! The only reason I know he was down there is that I heard him trying to sneak out again and then when I went downs stairs I found that he had lined up all the soda cans in rows across the basement floor.

He also learned how to take off the door knob covers, so all of the doors of the rooms we don't want him in now have latches. Some may ask why we don't just put a latch on his door. Well, that is probably the next step, but right now we are potty training and would like him to be able to leave his room and come tell us if he has to go potty in the middle of the night. But since having him wandering the house while the rest of us are sleeping is not the best idea, his room will probably be latched soon.

This kid is too smart for his own good.

2 comments:

  1. I really hope that Caleb isn't a houdini! But our bedroom door isn't the easiest to get out of so at least I know where he is at night. But I know that his sneakieness will increase as time goes by. How's the potty training going? I've been thinking of starting with Caleb and I have a bit but it's more of a pain to be consisrent about it than it is ro change his diaper.t

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're going to be much firmer about it after the holidays. Now he will go on the potty when we put him on it and once in a while, he'll tell us he has to go. We haven't been super consistant about it yet because we didn't want to push him into something he isn't ready for. Now we think he's ready, so we're going to go for it.

    ReplyDelete