Thursday, August 20, 2009

Busy Weeks

So, it's been a while. But in my defense. Life has been super crazy.

From July 29-Aug 2, I was working at the Racine County Fair in the Pampered Chef booth. The boys stayed with my parents. It was a very successful five days and I think the boys had a lot of fun at my parents' house. I know my parents had a good time. The only downside was that Matthias fell off the kitchen counter (he is such a climber these days) and broke his front two teeth. The right one just has a small chip out of it, but the left one is abot half gone. Obviously, they are just baby teeth, and thankfully, they don't seem to bother him, but that was a bit tramatic. Unfortunately, the left one is startig to turn black, so we are trying to get him in to see a pediatric dentist, as they will probably have to pull it.

Anyways, back to our busy schedule. So I worked at the fair from the 29th to the 2nd. Calvin's sister Leanne came on the 1st (Saturday) and Calvin and Leanne picked up the boys Saturday night. I finished the fair early Sunday evening and then packed like mad. 4 AM Monday morning, we all left for the airport. Leanne, Matthias, Ezra, and I left for Alberta to see Calvin's parents for a week an a half. Calvin could not go to Alberta, because he had to work.

Alberta was a lot of fun. We got to hang out with Calvin's family, meet Curtis' girlfriend, Leah, and see some good friends.

On August 12, my mother in law, the boys, and I made the long drive to Abbotsford, British Columbia (it took us 14 hours, but that included three 45-60 minute stops. The boys did surprisingly very well). We were going to Abbotsford, because Calvin's grandparents were celebrating their 50th anniversary and we were having a big family reunion. After we arrived, the family slowly began to trickle in, with everyone (including Calvin who had flown up for the weekend) arriving by Friday evening. While I was there I also got to see two really great friends, that I haven't seen since college and meet Kristi, Harv's girlfriend. Saturday was a busy day with family pictures in the morning, family fun in the afternoon, and a reception for Grandma and Grandpa's friends and family.

Sunday was also busy, as after church, we went to the otherside of the family (Calvin's dad's side) for coffee and lunch and then back to Calvin's mom's side of the family for supper. And then the mad packing started over again and 6:30 AM, Monday morning, we (Calvin, Leanne, Matthias, Ezra, and I, along with Calvin's parents, whom were dropping us off) left for the airport. After a long day of flying and a not so happy 2 year old (I apoligize to every poor person who had to fly from St. Louis to Milwaukee with us), we finally made it home. Which has filled the last couple of days with cleaning the house (Calvin would live in utter filth if he was a bachelor), unpacking (still not done), and trying to get my follow-up calls from the fair done.

So if that isn't enough of an excuse to not blog for a couple of weeks, I don't know what is! And of course, both boys came home with a cold and have been bears while trying to readjust to their routine and not having a hundred people around all the time. So it might take me a couple of weeks to feel settled in again.

No comments:

Post a Comment